You are here: Home > Sectors

02/12/2021 01:32pm

E-shram portal registration crosses 10 cr mark; Apparel & Automobile sectors account for 6.40 per cent and 2.75 per cent of unorganised workers

image E-shram portal registration crosses 10 cr mark; Apparel & Automobile sectors account for 6.40 per cent and 2.75 per cent of unorganised workers

New Delhi, 2 Dec (KNN) The National Database of Unorganized Workers (UWs) launched by Ministry of Labour & Employment on 26th August 2021 recorded ten crore registration on Wednesday.

In view of this development, Prime Minister Narendra Modi highlighted the journey of “Sankalp Se Siddhi”, in his tweet and said that the strength of crore of workers and labourers of the country is becoming the cornerstone of New India today, said the press release.

Agriculture, construction, household workers, apparel, manufacturing, automobiles and transportation are some of the sector comprising of the top10 leading sectors having registered workers.

The apparel sector constitutes 6.40 per cent of registered workers and for Automobile & Transportation it is 2.75 per cent with Agriculture at the highest rate of 52.03 per cent followed by Construction at 11.87 per cent and Domestic and Household Workers at 9.19 per cent.

Nearly, 48 % registered workers are male and remaining 52 % workers are female. Transgender are also being registered on eSHRAM Portal. So far, 2,380 transgender have been registered on eSHRAM. Around 61 % of registered workers belongs to 18-40 years of age group, while nearly 22% are in the age group of 40-50 years.

Ministry of Labour & Employment launched the eSHRAM portal (www.eshram.gov.in) for creating a National Database of Unorganized Workers (UWs) including construction workers, migrant workers, gig workers and platform workers, street vendors, domestic workers, agriculture workers, etc on 26th August 2021.

eSHRAM portal seeded with Aadhar will be used to deliver all the social security benefits of the Central and State Governments for the unorganized workers. All eligible registered workers on eSHRAM portal gets an Accidental  Insurance cover of INR 2 Lakh under PMSBY from the date of issue of policy.

Under e-SHRAM Portal, the occupation of the worker is being captured to provide identity to the workers with their occupations. It will facilitate Governments to devise social security welfare schemes to the all the segments of the unorganised workers. There are 30 broad sector categories activities and 190 broad families of occupations and around 400 occupations. Occupation is based on the National Classification of Occupation 2015.

Government of India has provided registration facilities at doorstep of the unorganized worker. Common Service Centers (CSCs) are working as enrolment agency through its over 4 lakh centers across the country. State Governments have also been on boarded over 17,337 State Seva Kendras with e-SHRAM portal to extend the outreach of the registration facility. The worker have also facility to self-register through visiting on the eSHRAM Portal, and around 81% registration is being done by CSC & SSKs and remaining 19 % through self-registration.

Share

Related Articles

Comments

    Be first to give your comments.

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.
Required fields are marked *