Empowering MSMEs with News & Insights

Ministry of Health pulls down e-commerce promo video following CAIT protest

Updated: Nov 06, 2021 09:51:47am
image

Ministry of Health pulls down e-commerce promo video following CAIT protest

New Delhi, 6 Nov (KNN) Earlier this month Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) urged the Ministry of Health to withdraw its online shopping promotional video asking people to make online purchases.

The CAIT has termed the video as highly objectionable, partisan and stating that it runs against the offline trade of the country.

Taking due cognisance of the protest, the Health Ministry withdrew the video by deleting it from its official twitter handle.

Welcoming the move, CAIT National President B.C.Bhartia & Secretary General Praveen Khandelwal said that various other Ministries and Departments of the Central and State Governments must follow the step of the Health Ministry and strong action must be taken against foreign e-commerce companies who are continuously violating the rules and laws of the Government without any fear of the law.

The two senior members said that the traders of the country are not against e-commerce, but there must be regulations to audit foreign companies.

COMMENTS

    Be first to give your comments.

LEAVE A REPLY

Required fields are marked *

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR MAILING LIST

Get the latest updates from KNN

Your e-mail will be secure with us. We will not share your information with anyone !