Punjab MSMEs need Technological upgradation: CICU President
Ludhiana, Oct 13 (KNN) During the Industry Interaction today in Ludhiana, President of Chamber of Industrial & Commercial Undertakings (CICU), S. Upkar Singh Ahuja pressed on issues regarding MSMEs in Punjab needing technical up-gradation.
It is imperative for MSMEs to improve on the technological front in order to boost production and competitiveness, making it the need of the hour.
S. Manpreet Singh Badal, Finance & Planning Minister, Govt. of Punjab, Bharat Bhushan Ashu, Cabinet Minister of Food & Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Government of Punjab, S. Gurkirat Singh Kotli, Cabinet Minister of Industries & Commerce, Information Technology, Science & Technology, Government of Punjab were also present.
Gurkirat Singh Kotli, Cabinet Minister, Govt. of Punjab announced Package for Infrastructural development of the Focal Point area to the tune of INR 20 crore, and Bharat Bhusghan Ashu, Cabinet Minister, Govt. of Punjab, along with Balkar Singh Sandu, Mayor announced INR 15 crore package for Focal Point by Municipal Corporation of Ludhiana and announced INR 10 crore by Raman Subramaniam, Chairman, Ludhiana Improvement Trust.
Other issues highlighted during the discussion as below:
- Issue regarding Higher corruption level in various Govt. Departments.
- Issue relating to Urban and Housing Department to provide Rasta for Industrial units changed from 16 feet to 33 feet.
- Issue relating to Building Plan Approval.
- Issue relating to Institutional Tax.
- Issue relating to Enhancement charges levied by PSIEC.
- Issue relating to MSME in Punjab (Technical up-gradation).
- Issue relating to Skill development and Employment to youth.
- Issue relating to Industry in Mix Land Areas.
- Issue relating to Pocket for MSMEs in Dhanansu Focal Point.
- Issue relating to Up-gradation of Facilities at Local ESI Hospitals.
- Issue relating to Uniform PPCB norms as per CPCB and other State Pollution Control Boards.
- Issue relating to Use of Induction Heating Furnaces in Forging & Foundry Industries.
- Issue relating to VAT & GST Refunds.
- Issue relating to Roads in 1 Zone.
- Issue relating to Smart Meter.
- Issue relating to Industry demands that PSPCL should upgrade its infrastructure in the city and State Govt. should provide electricity at INR 5 per unit as promised.
All the issues were quite patiently heard by Finance Minister and Cabinet Ministers and they gave assurance for the quick solution of the issues presented.
The event was attended by over 300 industrialists and Industrial Associations representatives.