New enhancements in e-way bill system introduced to ease out the process
New Delhi, Apr 25 (KNN) The Central Government has introduced new enhancements to the E-Way Bill (EWB) system in order to ease out the process for the taxpayers and the transporters.
The introduced changes in the e-way bill system includes auto calculation of distance based on PIN codes for the generation of e-way bill and blocking generation of multiple bills on one invoice, as it seeks to crack down on GST evaders.
The Government has come out with the document explaining the new enhancements in the EWB is to communicate the tax payers and transporters, details of the latest changes to enable them generate the e-Way Bill with ease.
Following are the enhancements in e-way bill system:
- Auto calculation of distance based on PIN Codes for generation of e-way bill.
- Knowing the distance between two PIN codes
- Blocking the generation of multiple e-way bills on one Invoice/Document.
- Extension of e-way bill in case the consignment is in Transit/Movement.
- Report on list of e-way bills about to expire.
Touted as an anti-evasion tool, the electronic way or e-way bill was rolled out on April 1, 2018, for moving goods worth over Rs 50,000 from one state to another. The same for intra or within the state movement was rolled out in a phased manner from April 15
Here is the link of full document: https://docs.ewaybillgst.gov.in/Documents/EnhancementsEWBApril2019.pdf