CAIT demands ban on China's Huawei, ZTE from India 5G rollout
New Delhi, July 6 (KNN) Raising concerns on data security, the Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) has urged the government to not allow Chinese firms Huawei and ZTE to participate in 5G network rollout in India.
In this regard the traders' body, on Sunday, wrote a letter to Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad.
The 5G refers to the next-generation mobile networks that promise super-fast download speeds and the ability to support critical infrastructure and, therefore, is more critical from the point of accruing data, it said.
CAIT National President BC Bhartia & Secretary-General Praveen Khandelwal while complimenting the Government for various steps taken so far to reduce China’s dominance and to give a befitting response to China in the wake of the brutal assault of Indian soldiers in the Galwan Valley, said, “By banning 59 Chinese apps, cancelling Highway, Metro and Railway contracts, the Government has shown clear intent that they stand in solidarity with the nation’s sentiments and are deeply anguished with China’s attitude.
The Government’s actions so far have strengthened and boosted CAIT’s boycott China campaign which was launched on 10th June.''
''However, to give a stronger message to China and to the world, it is absolutely imperative that the Government immediately announce the banning of Huawei and ZTE Corporation and ensure that they do not participate in the much-coveted 5G rollout of India. When countries like the USA, UK and Singapore have not allowed these firms in their country, there should be no second thought for India,” they added.
CAIT has been running a campaign asking to boycott Chinese goods in the country.